Marco Mielcarek, MDDr. Mielcarek is an oncologist who cares for patients who receive stem cell transplants for treatment of hematologic cancers.
Patient Care Philosophy:
Dr. Mielcarek believes that individualizing treatment according to the patient's needs and philosophy, combined with incorporating up-to-date research knowledge, are key ingredients for excellent patient care.
- Associate Member, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Medical Oncology, University of Washington
- Blood stem cell and bone marrow transplantation for hematologic malignancies
- Graft-versus-Host Disease (GVHD)
Education And Training
- MD: Free University of Berlin, 1986
- PhD: Free University of Berlin, 1987
- Residency: Free University of Berlin, Internal Medicine, 1987-1993
- Research Fellowship: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1994-1999
- Residency: University of Washington, Internal Medicine, 1999-2000
Fellowship: University of Washington, Medical Oncology, 2000-2003
For more information about Dr. Marco Mielcarek's clinical and research expertise, click here.
- Autologous or Syngeneic SCT Followed by Donor SCT for Multiple Myeloma (FHCRC-2070)
- Cyclophosphamide for Preventing Graft-Versus-Host Disease (FHCRC-2541)
- Low-Dose Prednisone or Methylprednisolone for GVHD (FHCRC-2327)
- Atorvastatin for Preventing GVHD After Myeloablative Transplant (FHCRC-2545)
- Atorvastatin for Preventing GVHD After Nonmyeloablative Transplant (FHCRC-2546)