John C.H. Byon, MD, PhDDr. Byon cares for patients with blood cancers and other blood disorders with an emphasis on the myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and myeloproliferative neoplasms (polycythemia vera, essential thrombocytosis, myelofibrosis). His research interests include the role of microRNAs in normal blood formation and microRNA dysregulation in MDS.
Patient Care Philosophy:
My goal is to provide the highest quality care in a compassionate manner, while respecting the unique needs of each individual.
Dr. Byon's Resume
- Acting Instructor, University of Washington School of Medicine
Education And Training
- Bachelor of Science – Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- PhD (Physiology): Tulane University
- MD: Tulane University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Washington (Internal Medicine)
- Fellowship: University of Washington (Hematology & Oncology)