Jay J. Liao, MDDr. Liao treats patients with head and neck cancers, salivary gland cancers, skin cancers, genitourinary cancers, and prostate cancer at UW Medical Center.
Patient Care Philosophy:
I enjoy establishing strong relationships with my patients, providing individualized and compassionate care, and educating patients about their disease process and treatment. I am committed to a multidisciplinary approach in the management of cancers as well as providing state-of-the-art care.
- Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Treatment of head and neck cancers with a number of radiation therapy techniques including IMRT, electron therapy, and fast neutron therapy
- Treatment of salivary gland tumors, including adenoid cystic carcinomas, with fast neutron therapy.
- Treatment of skin cancers, including melanoma and Merkel cell carcinoma
- Treatment of genitourinary tumors including prostate cancer
Education And Training
- BS Biology: Duke University, Durham, NC, 1994-1998
- MD: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 1998-2002
- Internship: Transitional Year Medicine, Northwestern University - Evanston Hospital, Evanston, IL, 2002-2003
- Residency: Radiation Oncology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 2003-2007
Dr. Liao has clinical research interests in the management of head and neck cancers including conformal radiotherapy techniques, IMRT, image-guided radiotherapy, fast neutron radiotherapy, and functional imaging. He is involved in clinical trials for patients with head and neck cancers and prostate cancer.
For more information about Dr. Jay J. Liao's clinical and research expertise, click here.