Howard A. Chansky, MDDr. Chansky is a professor and vice chair as well as chief of orthopedics an sports medicine at UW Medical Center, and a specialist in hip, knee, and bone/soft tissue tumor surgeries.
Patient Care Philosophy:
My philosophy is to work with patients to provide the best possible personalized surgical care. If surgery is not the best option , I will help patients understand why and work with them to determine non-surgical options. Regardless of a patient's problem, the key to good patient care is to be a good listener.
- Professor, Orthopedics, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Chief of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, UW Medical Center
Biology of bone and soft tissue tumors using molecular biology to refine the surgical treatment of orthopedic conditions.
Education And Training
- Medical Degree: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Internship: Hospital of the Univ. of Pennsylvania
- Residency: Hospital of the Univ. of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship: Orthopedic tumor surgery, UW Medical Center
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery 1995