David W. Mathes, MDDr. Mathes is an associate professor of surgery in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, UW Medicine. He is an attending surgeon at UW Medical Center and the VA Puget Sound Health Care System.
Patient Care Philosophy:
My goal is to restore both form and function to my patients.
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Attending surgeon, UW Medical Center and the VA Puget Sound Health Care System
Complex microsurgical reconstruction, perforator flaps, facial reconstruction, and cosmetic surgery
Microsurgical reconstruction; reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the breast and face; rhinoplasty and septal reconstruction; and body contouring
Education And Training
- MD: Tulane University, 1996
- Internship: New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Medical Center
- Residency: New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Medical Center
- Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications: American Board of Surgery General Surgery, 2005