Suspected or Newly Diagnosed Lung Cancer
If you or someone you know is suspected of having lung cancer or has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer, you’re probably thinking hard about what to do next.
Suspected Lung Cancer
The Lung Cancer Early Detection & Prevention Clinic at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) is your gateway to getting a diagnosis if you’re suspected of having lung cancer or to reducing your risk if you’re lung cancer–free. The clinic’s mission is to improve the length and quality of life for people at risk for lung cancer and other disorders caused by tobacco by delivering state-of-the-art clinical care and conducting research to enhance prevention, early detection, and treatment.
Newly Diagnosed Lung Cancer
If you have already been diagnosed with lung cancer, educating yourself about cancer and understanding the treatment options that are explained on these pages are good places to start. However, your most important decision is selecting where to get treatment.
- Studies have shown that the first treatment you receive for cancer is by far the most important. That’s why your first choice in a treatment center needs to be the right one.
- Many patients who begin their treatment with SCCA have better outcomes than those who started treatment elsewhere.
- The experts you need are right here: a world-class team of medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, and pathologists who specialize in lung cancer.
- SCCA offers the most advanced diagnostic, treatment, and recovery programs—as well as extensive support to help you cope with your cancer.
- Our patients have access to advanced therapies being explored in over a dozen ongoing clinical studies for lung cancer conducted at SCCA and its founding organizations, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and UW Medicine.
Get Collaborative Care
At SCCA, we view treatment as a collaborative effort. Your doctors will discuss all your options and recommend a treatment plan based on your type of cancer and how it has progressed. We’ll also consider your general health, lifestyle, and personal preferences. Together, your team will recommend a blend of treatments and a sequence in which to deliver your treatments to optimize your results.