You may find the following links helpful as you research brain tumors and spinal cord cancers on the web. Support groups and other forms of Patient Support are provided separately.
American Brain Tumor Association
Information about treatment, support, education, and research.
ABTA Orientation to Caregiving
A Handbook for Family Caregivers of Patients with Brain Tumors. This resource helps caregivers understand brain tumor, what to expect, how to care for a loved one, paying for healthcare, planning for the future, and much more.
American Cancer Society (ACS)
Nationwide organization, provides facts about cancer and educational information. Read about brain or spinal cord cancers from ACS.
Brain Tumor Society
Non-profit organization that raises funds for brain tumor research. Provides patient education and resources.
Clinical trial specialists to help you identify cancer clinical trials that match your specific diagnosis, stage, and treatment history.
National Brain Tumor Foundation
Non-profit organization that raises funds for brain tumor research, provides support for patients and families, and an interactive tour of the brain (http://www.braintumor.org/patients-family-friends/about-brain-tumors/interactive-tour-brain.html).
National Cancer Institute
Facts and figures about brain tumors, treatment, research, booklets as well as information about clinical research studies.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke www.ninds.nih.gov
NINDS strives to reduce the burden of diseases of the brain and nervous system. It describes brain and spinal cord tumors and gives information on facts about tumors and treatments.
Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG)
Nationwide group that is funded by the National Cancer Institute. Research studies are conducted to find new ways of increasing survival and improving the quality of life for patients with cancer.
University of Washington Departments
- University of Washington Department of Neurology depts.washington.edu/neurolog Faculty profiles and clinic descriptions
- University of Washington Department of Neurological Surgery depts.washington.edu/neurosur
- University of Washington Department of Radiation Oncology www.radonc.washington.edu/
Brain Tumor Information
University of Washington Gamma Knife Center
Patient Education Materials
Clinical Research Studies Resources
- UW Division of Neuro-Oncology Research Studies (studies open for enrollment)
- University of Washington Medicine
- National Institutes for Health
- Centerwatch Clinical Trials
- The American Brain Tumor Association
- Trial Connect (from American Brain Tumor Association)
For upcoming medical practitioner CMEs