Bone Marrow Transplant
|Recruiting||Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML); Hematologic Malignancies; Leukemia; Lymphoma; Lymphoproliferative Disease; Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease (cGVHD)||Phase I/II||
This study will evaluate patients with blood cell cancers who are going to have an allogeneic (donor) blood stem cell transplant from a partially matched relative. The research study will test whether immune cells, called T cells, which come from the donor relative and are specially grown in the laboratory and then given back to the patient along with the stem cell transplant (T cell addback), can help the immune system recover faster after the transplant. As a safety measure, these T cells have been "programmed" with a "self-destruct switch" so that if, after they have been given to the patient, the T cells start to react against the tissues (called "graft versus host" disease, GVHD), the T cells can be destroyed.
- Lack of suitable conventional donor (i.e. 7/8 or 8/8 related or 7/8 or 8/8 unrelated donor) or presence of rapidly progressive disease not permitting time to identify an unrelated donor
- HLA typing will be performed at high resolution (allele level) for the HLA-A, -B, Cw, and DRBl, and loci. A minimum match of 5/10 is required. The donor and recipient must be identical, as determined by high resolution typing, at least one allele of each of the following genetic loci: HLA-A, HLA-B, HLA-Cw, and HLA- DRB1.
- Subjects with adequate physical function as measured by:a)Cardiac: Left ventricular ejection fraction at rest must be >35%, or shortening fraction > 25%. b)Hepatic: Bilirubin < 2.5 mg/dL; and ALT, AST, and Alkaline Phosphatase < 5 x ULN. c)Renal: Serum creatinine within normal range for age, or creatinine clearance or GFR > 40 mL/min/1.73m2. d)Pulmonary: FEV 1, FVC, DLCO (diffusion capacity) > 50% predicted (corrected for hemoglobin); or 02 saturation > 92% on room air.
- Clinical Diagnosis of one of the following: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Acute Myelogenous Leukemia, Lymphoma
- Subjects must have received cytotoxic chemotherapy within 3 months of consent date (measured from the start date of chemotherapy).
- Performance status: Karnofsky/Lansky score > 60%.
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
- HLA-matched, related or 7-or 8/8 allele matched (HLA-A,-B,-Cw,-DRBl) unrelated donor able to donate.
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplant < 3 months prior to enrollment.
- Pregnancy or breast-feeding.
- Evidence of HIV infection or known HIV positive serology.
- Current uncontrolled bacterial, viral or fungal infection (currently taking medication with evidence of progression of clinical symptoms or radiologic findings).
- Non-hematologic malignancy within prior three (3) years.
- Prior allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- Subjects with a history of primary idiopathic myelofibrosis.
- Bovine product allergy.
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
See this trial at ClinicalTrials.gov
Access protocol and consent forms at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Talk to your health care providers first before making decisions about your health care.
- Whether you are eligible for a research study depends on many things. There are specific requirements to be in research studies. These requirements are different for each study.