Bone Marrow Transplant
|Closed||Bone Marrow and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (BMT and HSCT)||Phase III||
This is a Phase III, randomized, unblinded, multicenter, prospective comparative study. The purpose of this study is to test whether exercise or stress management training delivered to autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) patients prior to transplantation can improve functional status and the transplant experience.
- Age 18 years or older
- Able to speak and read English
- Able to exercise at low to moderate intensity - adequate cardiopulmonary reserve, as judged by self-reported ability to walk up one flight of stairs, no requirement for supplemental oxygen, and physician judgment
- Willing and able to provide informed consent.
- Stated willingness to comply with study procedures and reporting requirements
- Planned autologous or allogeneic transplantation within 6 weeks.
- Orthopedic, neurologic or other problems which prevent safe ambulation and protocol adherence
- Participation in another clinical trial with quality of life or functional status as a primary endpoint
See this trial at ClinicalTrials.gov
Access protocol and consent forms at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Talk to your health care providers first before making decisions about your health care.
- Whether you are eligible for a research study depends on many things. There are specific requirements to be in research studies. These requirements are different for each study.