1. Age 18 years or older.
2. Diagnosis of one of the following:
• Breast cancer
• Prostate cancer
• Ovarian cancer
• Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCL)
• Bladder cancer
3. Previous treatment has not been successful, or no treatment exists for the cancer.
4. Disease has spread beyond the original location (metastatic cancer).
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
• More than three cytotoxic chemotherapy regimens. (This does not include immunotherapy, non-cytotoxic experimental therapy, radiation therapy, hormone or estrogen therapy, steroids, tamoxifen and/or aromatase inhibitors).
• Current treatment with any anticancer agent including (but not limited to) trastuzumab, aromatase inhibitors, or tamoxifen. Steroids, bisphosphonates and female hormone-replacement therapy are allowed.
• Documented central nervous system (CNS) metastasis or carcinomatous meningitis.
• Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
• Current second malignancy except for non-melanoma skin cancers, superficial bladder cancer, early cervical cancer or early prostate cancer not requiring treatment.
Other exclusion criteria may apply.