|Recruiting||CNS Germ Cell Tumor||Phase II||
This study will look to see how well patients with relapsed or recurrent intracranial germ cell tumors respond to the new combination of chemotherapy (in induction)of Gemcitabine, Paclitaxel and Oxaliplatin (GemPOx) followed by consolidation chemotherapy and autologous stem cell rescue.
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Both|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- ICGCT including pure germinoma and MMGCT.
- Patients with histologically proven germinoma and MMGCT, including endodermal sinus tumor (yolk sac tumor), embryonal carcinoma, choriocarcinoma and mixed germ cell tumor will be eligible for the study.
- Patients with mature/immature teratoma who have tumor marker elevations are eligible on this study.
- Patient with ONLY mature and/or immature teratoma are ineligible in the absence of the tumor marker elevations.
- Patients with ICGCTs who are newly diagnosed are excluded from the study.
- Patients with the diagnosis of mature or immature teratoma in the absence of tumor marker elevations are excluded from the study.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding are excluded from the study.
- Patients who have received previously a high dose chemotherapy regimen and autologous transplant are excluded from this study.
- Patients who have received gemcitabine, oxaliplatin and/or paclitaxel are excluded from this study.
See this trial at ClinicalTrials.gov
Access protocol and consent forms at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Talk to your health care providers first before making decisions about your health care.
- Whether you are eligible for a research study depends on many things. There are specific requirements to be in research studies. These requirements are different for each study.