|Pending||Multiple Myeloma||Phase III||NCT01818752|
This is a Phase 3 multicenter, open-label, randomized study in transplant-ineligible subjects with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. Subjects are randomized to receive 1 of 2 treatment regimens: Carfilzomib, Melphalan and Prednisone (CMP) or Velcade® (Bortezomib), Melphalan and Prednisone (VMP).
Dr. Libby discusses this trial in the video below. Click to view video:
- Newly diagnosed symptomatic multiple myeloma
- Males and females ≥ 18 years of age
- Left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) ≥ 40%
- Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia
- Known amyloidosis
- Plasma cell leukemia
- POEMS syndrome (polyneuropathy, organomegaly, endocrinopathy, monoclonal protein and skin changes)
- Significant neuropathy (Grades ≥ 2) within 14 days prior to randomization
See this trial at ClinicalTrials.gov
Access protocol and consent forms at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Talk to your health care providers first before making decisions about your health care.
- Whether you are eligible for a research study depends on many things. There are specific requirements to be in research studies. These requirements are different for each study.