The purpose of this study is to determine which participants with melanoma have a better response to IL-2 and to identify markers that may predict response to IL-2 by collecting participant information (for example; cancer diagnosis and history, prior treatments for cancer, etc.) blood and tumor samples prior to treatment and tumor measurements after treatment.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Both|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
|Sampling Method:||Non-Probability Sample|
Subjects enrolled on DF/HCC Protocol 06-149
- Malignant melanoma that is metastatic or unresectable
- Eligible to receive high-dose IL-2
- Tissue block available with adequate tumor to perform RNA extraction and DASL analysis
- Prior immunotherapy for unresectable or metastatic disease
- Untreated brain metastases, leptomeningeal disease, or seizure disorder
See this trial at ClinicalTrials.gov
Access protocol and consent forms at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Talk to your health care providers first before making decisions about your health care.
- Whether you are eligible for a research study depends on many things. There are specific requirements to be in research studies. These requirements are different for each study.