|Closed||Hepatocellular Carcinoma (Liver Cancer)||Phase III||
The purpose of this study is to compare treatment with RAD001 plus best supportive care (BSC) to placebo plus BSC in patients with advanced HCC whose disease progressed while on or after sorafenib treatment or who are intolerant to sorafenib.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Both|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Advanced liver cancer
Prior systemic treatment with sorafenib for advanced HCC and for whom their disease progressed during or after sorafenib treatment, or were intolerant to sorafenib treatment. Specifically, this can be defined as:
- Documented radiological confirmation (radiology scans or report) of disease progression during or after sorafenib treatment
- Intolerance to sorafenib (at any dose and/or duration) is defined as documented sorafenib-related grade 3 or 4 adverse events that led to sorafenib discontinuation.
- Sorafenib must be the last antineoplastic treatment before randomization
- Prior local and/or hormonal therapy (e.g., tamoxifen) before sorafenib is allowed
- One systemic chemotherapy regimen for advanced HCC is allowed before sorafenib treatment
- ECOG performance status of ≤ 2
- Child-Pugh A
- Active bleeding during the last 28 days
- Prior therapy with mTOR inhibitors
- Prior liver or other organ transplantation which mandates systemic immunosuppression Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply
See this trial at ClinicalTrials.gov
Access protocol and consent forms at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Talk to your health care providers first before making decisions about your health care.
- Whether you are eligible for a research study depends on many things. There are specific requirements to be in research studies. These requirements are different for each study.