|Closed||Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia||Phase III||
This study will evaluate the effect of the addition of idelalisib to bendamustine and rituximab on minimal residual disease (MRD) and evaluate the progression-free survival (PFS) in participants with previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
- Documented diagnosis of B-cell CLL, with diagnosis established according to International Workshop on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (IWCLL)
- No prior therapy for CLL other than corticosteroids for disease complications
- CLL that warrants treatment
- Presence of measurable lymphadenopathy
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of ≤ 2
- Known histological transformation from CLL to an aggressive lymphoma (ie, Richter transformation)
- Known presence of myelodysplastic syndrome
- Evidence of ongoing systemic bacterial, fungal, or viral infection at the time of randomization
- Ongoing liver injury
- Ongoing drug-induced pneumonitis
- Ongoing inflammatory bowel disease
- History of prior allogeneic bone marrow progenitor cell or solid organ transplantation
- Ongoing immunosuppressive therapy other than corticosteroids
- Concurrent participation in another therapeutic clinical trial
See this trial at ClinicalTrials.gov
Access protocol and consent forms at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Talk to your health care providers first before making decisions about your health care.
- Whether you are eligible for a research study depends on many things. There are specific requirements to be in research studies. These requirements are different for each study.