|Ages Eligible for Study:||21 Years and older|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Male|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Biochemical relapse (rising PSA) after initial treatment (radiation therapy, brachytherapy, or radical prostatectomy) for histologically or cytologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate
- Clinical stage A2, B, C, D1
- Age: older than 21 years old
- Performance status of 0 or 1
- Pretreatment serum testosterone, normal range (or no clinical evidence of testosterone deficiency).
- If less than 30 months since completion of radiation therapy, biopsy of prostate suggested within 6 months of study entry.
- If more than or equal to 30 months since completion of radiation therapy, biopsy of prostate suggested within 1 year.
- Written informed consent.