Understanding Your Bill

Understanding Your Bill

We appreciate your prompt payment.For details see:

Types of Bills You Will Receive

  1. Professional fees are for services provided by your doctors or under their supervision. These bills will come from UW Physicians, the practice group for SCCA doctors.
  2. Facility fees are for services provided by a clinic or hospital, such as infusions, lab fees, equipment, supplies, and scans. You will receive facility bills from SCCA or UW Medicine.

  SCCA Collection Policy (English)
  SCCA Collection Policy (Russian)
  SCCA Collection Policy (Spanish)
  SCCA Collection Policy (Vietnamese)

Help with Billing Questions

If you have questions, contact the specific billing office listed below for answers.

SCCA at South Lake Union, at EvergreenHealth, or UW Medicine’s Northwest Hospital

  • You will receive a clinic “facility” bill when you receive services from the SCCA outpatient clinic on Lake Union, from SCCA at EvergreenHealth,  SCCA at UW Medicine’s Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, or SCCA Proton Therapy, A ProCure Center.
  • For questions about your SCCA clinic bill, call the SCCA Billing Office at (206) 288-6226 or toll-free at (800) 304-1763, or e-mail us at ptacct@seattlecca.org.

University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC)

  • When you visit an SCCA outpatient clinic at UWMC, you will receive a bill from UW Medicine. If you are hospitalized overnight at UWMC, you will receive a bill from either UW Medicine or SCCA.
  • For questions about your UWMC bill, call UWMC at (206) 598-1950 or toll-free at (866) 298-2825.
  • For questions about your SCCA bill, call the SCCA Billing Office at (206) 288-6226 or toll-free at (800) 304-1763, or e-mail us at ptacct@seattlecca.org.

UW Physicians

  • After a visit to any SCCA clinic or hospital, you will receive a bill from UW Physicians for the professional services provided to you by the attending doctor or under their supervision.
  • For questions about your UW Physicians’ bill, call UW Physicians at (206) 543-8606 or toll-free at (888) 234-5467.

Billing Your Insurer

SCCA accepts most national private health insurance plans and Medicare, the federal health insurance program for people who are age 65 and older or who are disabled. We also accept Medicaid insurance for patients from Washington, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho.

You can help us bill your insurance company correctly by providing full information to SCCA Registration and Patient Financial Services when you register. It is important to inform us of any changes to your address, insurance coverage, or employment of the person who is financially responsible for your bills.

When an insurance claim is pending, you will still receive a bill each month if your account has an unpaid balance. You are responsible for payment of your account within the limits of our credit policy (see below).

Depending on your insurance, you may be responsible for a copayment or coinsurance. The amount will depend on the services provided and your insurance coverage.

SCCA Credit Policy

Payments are due within 30 days after you receive your SCCA, UWMC, or UW Physicians bill. If you are unable to pay in full, please contact the appropriate billing office to make payment arrangements. It is important to do this soon after receiving your statements until your account is paid in full, regardless of whether or not you have insurance coverage.

Help Paying for Care

Financial assistance is available from a variety of organizations, including SCCA, if your income qualifies. An SCCA financial counselor can help you with the applications for financial assistance or public insurance programs such as Medicaid. Please ask your scheduler for an appointment with a financial counselor or contact one directly at (206) 288-1377.