Survivorship Clinic for Adult Patients
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Survivorship Clinic offers expert assistance to those transitioning from active treatment to day-to-day living as a cancer survivor.
Regardless of whether you were treated for cancer at SCCA or at another medical facility, you can meet with our providers and receive a Survivorship Care Plan, which contains resources and support information particular to your needs.
To schedule a clinic appointment, call (206) 288-1024, and ask for the Survivorship Clinic. Many insurance plans cover this visit for people who have received treatment for cancer that is likely to have an impact on health.
Benefits of Visiting the Survivorship Clinic
Cancer and its treatment may result in long-lasting or late-onset effects. Survivorship Clinic providers learn about your treatment history and provide specific recommendations to prevent late effects from your cancer and treatment including lymphedema, chemobrain, fatigue, heart disease, and future cancer risk. Copies of your Survivorship Care Plan and any recommendations made during the clinic appointment will be shared with your health care team, including your oncologist and primary care doctor.
Learning about your previous treatment and getting recommendations specific to you can help you understand and manage your future health risks.
- Read more about the after effects of cancer treatment.
- Get tips for staying healthy.
- Learn about our research on issues that cancer survivors face.
How This Care Differs From What Your Oncologist Provides
Survivorship Clinic staff do not provide surveillance for cancer recurrence. Your oncologist will continue to keep watch for this. During your Survivorship Clinic visit we will:
- Give you a comprehensive medical examination
- Explain late and long-term effects of your cancer and treatment
- Recommend healthy lifestyle behaviors to reduce complications and lower your risk of additional cancers
- Provide an individualized cancer treatment summary and a Survivorship Care Plan