Accreditations & Licenses
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) holds accreditations and licenses from the following agencies.
American College of Radiology
The 34,000 members of the American College of Radiology (ACR) include radiologists, radiation oncologists, medical physicists, interventional radiologists and nuclear medicine physicians. For more than three-quarters of a century, the ACR has devoted its resources to making imaging safe, effective and accessible to those who need it. Read more about the ACR.
American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
The American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI) is an international society of professionals dedicated to advancing the science, education and application of immunogenetics and transplant immunology. Read more about the ASHI.
College of American Pathologists
The College of American Pathologists (CAP), the leading organization of board-certified pathologists, serves patients, pathologists and the public by fostering and advocating excellence in the practice of pathology and laboratory medicine. Read more about the CAP.
Commission on Cancer
The Commission on Cancer (CoC) is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care. Read more about CoC.
Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy
In December 1994, the International Society for Cellular Therapy and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation merged their standards into a single document covering all aspects of hematopoietic cell therapy (collection, processing and transplantation). The two societies established the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) in order to develop a voluntary practice of cellular therapy through its peer-developed standards and voluntary inspection and accreditation program. Read more about FACT.
The Joint Commission (TJC)
In 1951, the American College of Physicians, the American Hospital Association, the American Medical Association and the Canadian Medical Association joined with the American College of Surgeons to create the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals (JCAH) as an independent, nonprofit organization whose primary purpose was to provide voluntary accreditation. In January 1953, JCAH began offering accreditation to hospitals. Accreditation processes were subsequently developed for other healthcare organizations and programs, and the name was changed in 1987 to the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Read more about JCAHO.
Additional Certificates & Licenses
SCCA holds two additional certificates issued by regulatory bodies:
- Center of Excellence for Bone Marrow Transplant and Peripheral Stem Cell Infusions--from the Department of Social and Health Services (Certificate)
- Certified Mammography Facility--from the Department of Health and Human Services/U.S. Food & Drug Administration (Certificate)
SCCA holds these additional licenses from state regulatory bodies:
- For the organization as a whole from the Washington State Department of Health (Certificate)
- For the pharmacy from the Drug Enforcement Administration (Certificate)
- For the retail pharmacy from the Washington State Board of Pharmacy (Certificate)
- For the EvergreenHealth site pharmacy from the Washington State Board of Pharmacy (Certificate)
- For radioactive materials handling from the Washington State Department of Health, Office of Radiation Protection (Certificate)
- Master X-Ray Tube License from the Washington State Department of Health (License)
- Master X-Ray Tube License for the NWH site from the Washington State Department of Health (License)
- For the SCCA Clinical Laboratories from the Washington Department of Health (Certificate)
- For the SCCA Busulfan Laboratory from the California Department of Health (License)
- For the SCCA Clinical Immunogenetics Laboratory from the Washington Department of Health (Certificate)
- For the SCCA Point of Care Testing from the Washington Department of Health (Certificate)
- For the SCCA Clinical Laboratory at the EvergreenHealth site from the Washington Department of Health (License)